Saturday, January 17, 2015

Jymm Audio - My brand, My sound

Hi everyone!

You may now know that I like building my own gear, I built my microphones for my album (static mics or ribbon mics), you may have noticed that I also built my master keyboard, Beryl, but did you know that I have my own brand ?


I created Jymm Audio 5 years ago, in january ! I wanted to design and sell high quality audio gear, hand nuilt, with good electronic components...


5 years after, I didn't sell anything. Don't be worried, I gave up during the first year ! I was kind of abandoned by all the people who were previously interested.
Today, I think there are less than 10 people who tested my products.

I won't tell here about music magazines or distributors, paid by big brands not to accept any unknown brand... I won't tell anything about people who simply didn't want to test something because the brand wasn't known...

Jymm Audio then became MY personal audio brand, mostly for my personal use !
I used my tube preamps and tube DIs for all the recordings on my album ! I'm very proud of it, and I'm very happy with the result...

Today, I'm heading to a show, and I'll be using one of my passive stereo DI. I did something like 150 gigs with it, it traveled a lot, and I never had any issue with it, no cracks...If the only fragile components inside were broken, it would cost me almost 15€ to fix it, and I'd have a almost new DI...could I say the same with other DI ?

Here's the secret behind my sound, on stage, or on recordings...




See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment