Saturday, June 14, 2014

Clara Neville - Keyboard programing in details

Hi !
Today, I'm going to show you all the sounds and I have for the songs of Clara Neville.
You'll have all my tips!

I split this into eight small videos. These videos are in french, I think you can understand it as it's really about sounds layering, but if you really need some subtitles, I will do some, just tell me.

The first one is about my gear: all I have on stage, and how it's plugged. It's technical, and there is no music in it, just description.


Here comes the second song, "A bout portant". I made some audio extracts in the article about keyboard programming, you can now see how I play it and how I'm using my delay pedal.


Next, a simple setup on another song, with just two sounds: piano and strings.


One other song in which I explain how to layer short sounds (rhodes piano) and long sounds (strings), and how to have a "full" harpsichord sound.


The next song, "Dans mes larmes" is about a lot of strings and pad layers, and a massive use of the delay pedal.


In the song called "Serre-moi", I speak about RIFF, one of the kurzweil PC3 functions which allows to play a full song or just an extract by simply playing one key ! Here, I use it to play a single chord.


Another example on another song, but this time, it's a 4 bars strings RIFF, and an other way to launch and stop it.


The use of a sampler, here an iphone with the impc app, to launch samples live.


I hope you liked it ! See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment