Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Shadows - Recording the strings - Episode 1

Hi !
the setup for recording viola

Louise Leverd
This week, I'm very busy, I'm starting to record the strings !
Monday and tuesday, I recorded the cello with Louise Leverd.

Today and friday, I record the viola with Jasmine Collet, and I'll start recording the violin sunday with Pauline Denize.

I'm very satisfied with the recordings, the songs are more and more "alive", it's really nice to hear real instruments at last !


I was used to hear the virtual instruments, and even if they are quite decent, after recording the cello, it changed the songs, but I could still hear the virtual instruments.

Today, after recording the viola, the only virtual instrument remaining (the violin) is really bad, I can't listen to it anymore, it sounds ridiculous...

I'm so happy that I want to share with some samples of these recordings.

It starts with the viola on "Breathe" (you can hear some samples of the drums, bass and keyboards HERE)

Then, here are some samples of the cello and the viola on "Chase the wind" (you can hear some samples of the drums, bass and keyboards HERE)

And at last, here are some samples of the cello and the viola on "I will light a candle" (you can hear some samples of the drums, bass HERE, but since that time, I had to transpose the key of the song, for vocal reasons...)

Next samples saturday !

No comments:

Post a Comment