Saturday, July 5, 2014

My mobile studio in Avignon !

Hi everyone !

This month, I'm in Avignon for a festival, to play in the show Ce soir j'attends Madeleine, the same show that was canceled last week because of the rain...

Anyway, we're going to spend a month here, and I'll use the time I have to finish the album, so I had plenty to do.
For this, I managed to create a little mobile studio in the flat.

So I have a master keyboard, which I took with me on the train. My acoustic bass came in by car with the set we have on stage (and my other keyboard too, the one I'll be using on stage every night), and I have a mic, since it is during this month that I'm going to start writing the lyrics and melodies for the sung tracks of the album.
For the drums, I don't have any other choice than to play them via the keyboard.

With that, I also have my sound card, a Motu Ultralight, which, this time, unlike the concert with Clara Neville, is really a sound card, and not an mixer.
I obviously have a headphones, my macbook pro with Protools and my ipad with the software ac-7 core. This software allows me to have access to different functions of protools' controls.

With all that, I can go on working on the album, and believe me, it's nice !

The next post will be about the show Ce soir j'attends Madeleine à Avignon!
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment