Saturday, July 19, 2014

The album - Title

Hi everyone !

It's the end of the OFF festival of Avignon, and almost all the next articles will be about the album.

So, where am I now with this album ?

I finished the composition of the 13 songs that will be on the album.

6 tracks will have some vocals (I started contacting musicians and the singer, I'm now waiting for their replies)

I'm actually writing the lyrics and melodies for the vocals. I plan to finish that by the end of this last week in Avignon.

At the beginning, I didn't want to sign with my name. During the first days, when I started composing the album, I chose a pseudonym. I chose a name which reflected a band name as well as an artist name.

From the beginning, my project was called Orchel (for ORCHestral ELectric). Unfortunately, this name was already used by a company, which didn't want me to use it. I didn't find any other names that I liked, so I sign this album with my name.

I had the album's title for a long time. It's called Shadows.
That doesn't mean that the songs are dark, sad...When I compose, I like to imagine people, worlds, situations, places...
Shadows is for me a way to describe a world you can't see clearly. We are just able to distinguish some shapes, some lights (no shadows without lights), and imagine a lot of things.

The album's cover should be like that, I hope you'll like it.


Next week, I really wish to have good news about the musicians, and I will tell you who they are !

No comments:

Post a Comment