Saturday, August 9, 2014

Shadows - The album is slowly coming

Hi everyone!

Today's post is about how the things go with the album, to let you know what is done, and what I still have to do.

First, all the lyrics are now written. Next week, I start writing the melodies, so the songs will have their definitive structure (I composed them with extra time, so I could cut them according to the lyrics).

Untill yesterday, almost every song was titled by a number. Now, each song has a title. It's always complicated for me to find a title, specially with instrumental songs. For some of them, it was easy, and for others...I had to think a lot.

You can already try to imagine what the songs will be by reading those titles:

- No memories (with vocals)
- I will light a candle (with vocals)
- Open your eyes (with vocals)
- Shadows (with vocals)
- The book of destiny (with vocals)
- The end of a dream (with vocals)
- Reflections
- Chase the wind
- Crossroads
- Between clouds
- Whirling
- Remembering children's games

These are just the titles, not the order of the tracks on the album.

I'm now waiting for some gear next week, particularly some cables.

And now, here's my schedule for the weeks to come:
- Fisrt, I write the melodies for the lyrics (week of the 11th august)
- I will then edit the sheets for the strings (week of the 11th august and of the 18th august)
- I will then start producing the album, starting by recording my own parts (week of the 18th august). I will surely start to put some extracts of the recordings here this week !
- I'm going to plan the recording sessions for the strings and vocals (if I have a reply from the singer). Ideally, I would start the recordings the week of the 25th.

The first steps of this album are almost finished, I look forward to start giving life to this album !

See you next week !

No comments:

Post a Comment