Saturday, August 16, 2014

Shadows - Sheet music

Hello everyone!

The melodies for the vocals aren't finished yet. I still have four to write. Sheet music for all the other songs are now done.

Why do I edit the sheets, and what do I do ?


At first, I have to say that I only edit the sheets for the strings players. I don't play strings, so the musicians have to know what to do, that's why I edit the sheets.
I will surely edit the sheets for the keyboards, bass and the drums later, but that's not the most important for now.

I composed all the demos in ProTools. The Sibelius software I'm using to edit the sheets is more or less integrated in ProTools.
It's then easy to convert my virtual instruments tracks into sheets that I can edit in Sibelius.


Once I have the notes on screen, my work isn't finished.
On the demos, I set the volumes of each part during the song, in order to hear every instruments at the good volume. I had to write the dynamics of each instrument on the sheet, so each player knows if he has to play loud or not.
It takes time, but it's a time saved in recording and mixing!

Next week, chances are that you will be able to hear some samples...

No comments:

Post a Comment