Monday, April 28, 2014

The album - Episode 1 - Origins

Hi everyone!


I saw a lot blogs started, then not updated regularly. 
For this blog, let's schedule an update every week. I choose Saturday. 
According to other works I have, I may post other articles during the week, but there will always be something on Saturdays.

That post is to talk about my upcoming album.

First things first ! When you play music, and begin to improvise, there is a point when composing music comes naturally. I didn't start composing yesterday, so why do I plan ​​an album now?

Firstly, because I did not know where to go, musically speaking. I do not write lyrics (that said, a lot of commercial success are not bothered with that), and the music I compose is instrumental, so I didn't think to make an album of instrumental music would be interesting (for me as for people who might listen to it). 
And then I changed my mind after a concert.

This concert took place May 27, 2012, the concert for The Visitor from the Future , a series of François Descraques (Frenchnerd) for which I am the composer. 
For this concert, I had created a special band to play my songs live, the VDF Orchestra. The instruments in this orchestra were:
1 Violin
1 Viola
1 Cello
1 Keyboard
2 Guitars
1 Bass
1 Drums
This band played only once, for this concert.



Here are the things I liked about this concert:

- First of all, I loved this band, both orchestral and capable of the power of a rock band 

- I loved the new arrangements I made for the songs.

After this concert, I was disappointed that this band only played once, and I started to compose songs for the VDF Orchestra. This is where I started to think that this specific style, a mix of film music and modern music, sometimes rock, sometimes funk, was interesting. This very specific style, I could see it on my album.

It was in 2012, and of course, things have changed since then, and I will tell you how in the next posts about the album, but the album I'm actually working on is that one I started after this concert ...

See you next Saturday for the rest of the story of this album.

No comments:

Post a Comment