Monday, April 28, 2014

Sandrine Gameiro - The 2nd album on My Major Company

Hello!


Today is the official release of one other important project to me: the second album of Sandrine Gameiro , which I co-produce with Sandrine Gameiro and Frédéric Turyan .

I met Sandrine in high school, on stage. We were a part of a jazz course organized by my music teacher.
Then I lost sight of her, and we met again when she was in the audience during a concert I played with Jaoara.
She had just finished his first album, and a few days later she called me and asked me to be part of the live team ! 
We played this album on stage for 3 years, then Sandrine wanted to move on, and began to write her texts.
She then had the idea of ​​making a new album.

She first asked me to compose on her lyrics. I accepted, but unfortunately, I must not really inspired when it comes to write music on lyrics. You may know it or not, but I'm used to compose music for movies, videos or pictures, and the process is quite different. 
For a concert in 2012, I called Frederic Turyan, a guitarist with whom I had played, to accompany Sandrine with me. Frederic loved the project, and a few weeks later, he began to compose music for Sandrine's lyrics. He is himself a songwriter,and writing music on lyrics is much easier for him.

That was the beginning of our collaboration on this new album. 
Overall, this album will be the music composed by Frederic, the lyrics by Sandrine.There is still a song that I composed the music for. 
Frederic and I do arrangements. 
Thus, the extracts you can hear on My Major Company are the results of our collaboration. 
It is the voice of Sandrine, Fred's guitars, I play the bass and keyboards, and Fred and I played percussions and some back vocals.

This album is important to me because of the collaboration with these two friends, and then because I love Sandrine's artistic universe.
You can discover it, and don't hesitate to invest, so that we will be able to make this album in optimum conditions.

Bye !

No comments:

Post a Comment