Saturday, November 8, 2014

Shadows on Keys - EP release

Hello everyone!

Today is the release of my EP «Shadows on Keys».

First, let me play to you a short medley of the songs from this EP, I hope you enjoy it!


You can buy it on my bandcamp page 

Id like to let yo know that, despite the reasons that led me to do this EP, it is by no means an EP done fast. It is not either of the piano parts of the album that I extracted to make the EP.

I spent four days recording the five songs of this EP. It then took one day to mix, add some effects on 2 tracks and master the EP. The total length is about 18mn.

The musical themes are really the ones you’ll find on the album Shadows, but in different versions arranged for this EP. The structures are mostly identical to the original songs, but sometimes I had to slow the tempo down to suit the atmosphere of the piano.

If you read the history of this album, you know that all the songs have a very melodic section, usually played by the strings, and a rhythm section that contrasts with the mood of the strings. This rhythm section is absent on the EP, so the songs are much more melancholic than the same ones on the album.

Price:
I sell this EP 5 €.
For now, it’s only a digital version. I will certainly edit physical copies when I release the album.
As you know, the money from this EP will help me to move forward on the album. Be aware that if you buy this EP, you can buy the album at a price of 10€ in its physical version, including mailing costs, instead of 13 € for people who didn’t buy the EP. Make sure to correctly fill in your name and email address when you order the EP.


Why I chose Bandcamp and not iTunes...?

First, Bandcamp is a platform for musicians. I ‘m the only one to manage my page. When you buy the EP, you pay me directly and instantly, which is not the case with iTunes, where you have to wait at least one month before a statement of sales which can never be sure ... It is then necessary to ask his money, and you know it annoys me a lot.

On Bandcamp, you can listen to the entire songs, not just 30s of random extracts. I do not make money on these streams. I much prefer this system to a platform like Deezer, which pays the artists ridiculously low, when they want,...

You also have the option, and I advise you to do it, to download the files in their original format, uncompressed WAV.

There was a time when iTunes was interesting, but now there is everything and anything on it. There was a time when you could discover some artists on iTunes. Now, if you want to find me, you’ll have to search for me.
Financially, at the end, the income generated by the two platforms are identical, but in terms of operation and services, Bandcamp is better to my way of thinking about listening and buying music. So if you have to search for me, do it on Bandcamp !


What if you want to support me, but you don’t have money?

Well, we need this EP and the upcoming album to find their audience. If you can not or do not want to buy this EP, but you still want to help me, then share the info!
To share, simply send the link to the Bandcamp page to your contacts, your friends, your enemies ... everyone, no matter how old they are and where they live, telling them to share.
Feel free to invent chains such as "if you do not share to 10 people, that's what will happen ..."


I also want to add that there is actually a "loudness war" in the music industry. Very often, the dynamic range of the songs is really small and the songs are loud from the beginning to the end.
If I played nuances on the piano, I want you to hear them.
If there are volume buttons on the devices used to listen to music, they are made to be used, so do not expect to hear this piano with the sound level of a hard rock band ...

Thanks for your help !


No comments:

Post a Comment