Monday, December 1, 2014

The Visitor from the Future - Four seasons of music about to be released !

Hi everyone!

Maybe you saw on instagram or facebook some clues, no we can announce it: you are about to be able to listen and buy the soundtracks for the Visitor from the Future. 

I'm speaking about all the musics, from all seasons.

It starts today, with the release of the soundtrack for the first two seasons. You can find them on my bandcamp page.


Now, let me explain you a lot a things:

First, the first two seasons are separated from the seasons 3 and 4. I composed the soundtrack for the seasons 1&2 before Ankama (which produces the series) was interested. When they decided to make DVD and CDs, they bought me the rights for two years. Now, this contract has ended, I now have all the rights on these musics, and I don't owe anything to Ankama (I prefer to tell you that now, because it has an importance, specially for the price of the soundtracks for the seasons 3&4)...

The soundtrack for the seasons 3&4 will be released later in december, time for us to finish the mastering and create a nice album cover ! We'll keep you informed on the social networks.

For the last seasons, it's a bit different.
Ankama owns the rights to exploit the musics. Considering that nothing happened for a long time, I contacted and negociated with them. Now, I also have the rights on theses musics, that means that I am now able to sell these musics.

That also means that I have to pay everything if I want to exploit these musics.

As you know, I'm actually finishing my album "Shadows". I spend my money and time on that album. Until "Shadows" is released, there won't be physical copies of the seasons 3&4 soundtrack.
That's the same idea concerning a live show (but I can tell that we will play some songs from the Visitor from the Future in the concert of "Shadows").

Speaking about the soundtrack of the seasons 3&4:
It took me 2 weeks of mastering, to have a really better sound and dynamic than what you heard in the episodes !
There are 29 songs, for a total length of 56mn, and yes, there will be the music from the bal, "Dancing Future".
There also the song I prefer in the four seasons: "Requiem pour Judith", I hope you'll like them as much as I do.
The album will be available on my bandcamp page, and priced 15€ (this time, Ankama earns money on these sales).

For questions like: why bandcamp, not iTunes, Deezer?...Please read my article about my EP release.

Be aware that doing all that took me a lot of time. For those of you who listened to the podcast by Jul, I was already talking about it, we were at the end of july ! 
I had some replies and started to negociate only 2 weeks ago. That took me about 5 months, so even if everything isn't perfect, I'm really glad that you can listen and buy those songs !

I think you have all the replies you need, but feel free to ask others in the comments below if you need !

No comments:

Post a Comment